Classic Style Vs. My Personality

28 July 2014

For so long I have been trying to decorate with a classic approach.  I find that I sometimes buy things for their {classic} nature instead of things that I truly like or fit my personality.  I hung drapes in my dining room that are made of classic white linen.  When I hung them they were {way to stark} so I added a ribbon banding.  They are so very pretty but they are just not me... they just feel {so} formal and I am {not} formal!!!

I needed to purchase dining chairs and I kept trying to decide between {Classic Tolix Chairs} or these {Quirky Eames Chairs}.  Well, I decided to go with the quirky chairs and I just love them in our space.  They are so fresh & fun.


Jeremiah and  I have been accused of being {OLD SOULS}.  There is something about our personalities that are drawn to days of old, nostalgia, and vintage charm.  I have decided that we need to place things in our home that we enjoy {even if it doesn't make sense to other people}. 

I absolutely love our vintage {school map}.  I searched and searched for it until I found one that we could afford & that offered the colors that I was hoping for.  It brings back childhood memories every time we walk into our kitchen.  It's also a great conversation starter, everyone who comes into our home loves it.  There's not a family meal that doesn't involve the map, stories about old family trips, memories of places we've been or dreams of future adventures to come.  



I am looking forward to getting a new dining light fixture soon.  I have been saving for {THIS FIXTURE} and I finally got to order it today!  Woot! Woot!  Don't worry, I will post pictures as soon as it get's here.

It's fun making a house personal.  It's fun to try new things.  It's fun to let your personality shine.  It's okay to make mistakes along the way {even the professionals make them...}  Just remember that your personality needs to shine in your home.  Don't look at what other people are doing and think it has to be done the same way.  You might find that when you go with your personality you are happier with the outcome.

Instagram