PSALM 90:12,14

29 January 2023

 

Teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain a heart of wisdom. Satisfy me in the morning with your unfailing love, that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days.

PSALM 90:12,14
A dim light shines
Beyond the murky glass between
The circumstances great and small
The ones I have not yet seen

A dim light shines
Each new morning, noonday and night
Satisfying the hopelessness
Making what appears wrong, so right

A dim light shines
I will not get stuck in the murk
I will look right past, we'll beyond
Knowing it's You, that holds my hurt

A dim light shines
Refuse to give way to what's dealt
You the Healer, Powerful God
You dominate the seen and the felt

my inspiration 

If you would live in victory over the circumstances, great and small, that come to you each day… and if you want God’s life and power to well up from the depths of your being… then you must refuse to be dominated by the seen and the felt. You must look steadfastly through the visible, until the invisible opens up to you.

Amy Carmichael, His Thought Said… His Father Said, p.30


My sweet Dad, John Kennedy, was diagnosed with ALS on July 19, 2022. He is braving the most devastating diagnosis that I could imagine. In prayer, he refers to this trial as “my great hurt,” and I never want to forget this.

Instagram