Vintage Kitchen Pendant

04 December 2014

{As promised} I told you I would post our {new dining light} as soon as we got it installed!!!  I am just so excited about how it turned out.

First things first, Jeremiah removed the old fixture...


Seems that the dimensions at Potterybarn were not {exactly accurate}... The problem is that our ceiling is a standard (8' tall) and this fixture was designed for taller ceilings.  But {no sweat} when you're married to JT...

We measured the rod and then decided how low we wanted the light to hang. 


Jeremiah took the rod outside and cut it down with his grinder {a birthday gift I bought him while we were dating}!!!  Who knew it would come in so handy all these years...


After cutting the rod {down to the proper length} he rewired the electrical lines through the tube.


Once all the lines were back in the right place, it was time to hang on the ceiling.   Woot! Woot!


I absolutely love how it turned out.  It feels so good in our dining room.  I think the style looks {just great} with our vintage map and Eames-style chairs.  

This room is beginning to feel like home.  Now that I figured out our style - finishing this space should be pretty simple.  I will add more personal touches {as we save the money} & keep you posted along the way.  

For now, I just adore how it is coming together!!! 


Here's the view from my kitchen...


Thought you might enjoy a {close-up} of the fixture... {just love} the antique brass!


And I couldn't leave out Bessie Mae...  She's enjoying the new light fixture as well...

Instagram