PSALM 32:7

10 January 2023

 

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

PSALM 32:7
Deliver me, deliver me
Pleading both day and night
Deliver me, deliver me
Attempting with vain fight

An earnest look at Calv'ry love
Desisting my next step
His arms outstretched from up above
Proclaiming peace and rest

Post and crossbeam declare, "Come home."
Hiding no longer sin
The bridge that helps me ne'er to roam
Protecting from within

Jesus Christ, the crucified God
Singing gently to me,
"Come home, my child. Come home, my child.
Hide thyself inside me."

my inspiration 

I think distractions in prayer are often because we have let ourselves wander too far from the things that matter most. And so we slip into an easily interrupted, easily distracted frame of mind. We need to live more at home. Acts 17:28 says, “In him we live and move and have our being.” This means, simply, God is our home… I know that an earnest “look” at Calvary does more to help our life of prayer than we imagine. 

Amy Carmichael, Edges of His Ways, p. 60

Instagram