ROMANS 8:31, 37-39

18 February 2023

 

If God is for us, who can be against us?… I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, no any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

ROMANS 8:31, 37-39
Infectious fear - you shall not spread
Death and life are in His stead
Angels and demons hold no power
He watches over every hour

Infectious fear - were shall you go?
Present and future are His to show
No powers, no height - not even depth
Nothing compares to His loves breadth

Infectious fear - you shall not spread
With great trust I look ahead
Creation holds - not one tiny thing
That can pluck me from His wing

my inspiration 

Have you ever thought how infectious fear can be? It spreads from one person to another more quickly and certainly than any of the fevers we know so well. 

You can refuse the spirit of fear, which never comes to us from God. Instead, open your heat wide to the Spirit of “power and love and a calm and well-balanced mind, and discipline and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:7, Amplified). Because fear is so infectious, let us, for the sake of others and ourselves, refuse it.

Thank God – ! Courage is as “infectious” as discouragement. Haven’t you often felt the cheer and strength that seems to flow from a person whose mind is fixed and firm on God? I have.

And I have been thinking of another, a greater reason for refusing the spirit of fear. When we are downhearted or fearful or weak, we are saying to everybody, “After all, the Lord can’t be absolutely trusted.”

…We have a Savior who has never once failed us. He never will fail us. He has loved and led and guarded us all these years. Look to Him now, and pray from the barren bedrock of your heart, if that is the “ground” you are standing on – “Lord, give me courage!”

Amy Carmichael, Edges of His Ways, p.148


My sweet Dad, John Kennedy, was diagnosed with ALS on Tuesday, July 19, 2022. He is braving the most devastating diagnosis that I could imagine. In prayer, he refers to this trial as “my great hurt,” and I never want to forget this.

On Monday, February 6, 2023 (only 7 months after my dad’s diagnosis of ALS) he was told that he can contact hospice – whenever he feels ready. I don’t know what to think of these things. I am hurt, angry, confuses, and scared. I need courage to trust.

Instagram