ISAIAH 26:3-4

11 January 2023

 

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever, for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.

ISAIAH 26:3-4
Shouldering trepidations, 
Pulling me down 
Suffocating nervousness, 
Shortening my breath 

The Invitation Arrives: 
Come close, my child 
Lean on me 
Trust me 

Place your weight of confidence,
Upon my chest 
Lie alongside my bosom 
Receive true peace 

'Tis the way you will find strength

my inspiration 

Trust, I have learned, means: to lean on, to place the weight of my confidence upon… And after this discovery, I’ve found many verses in the Psalms that provide great comfort when translated in this way… It is marvelous to me that God’s Spirit led the writers of these words to the same special verb, to lean. By one simple word, He means to show us so clearly that it is never anything in us that accounts for the Lord’s goodness to us. Everything we are given is all from Him. 

Amy Carmichael, Thou Givest – They Gather, pp. 1-2

Instagram