Unit No.6

24 December 2022

 

Unit 06 Thematic Focus: Thankful, Squirrel, and the Color Brown. 

ALL ABOARD THE ANIMAL TRAIN

activities we enjoyed 

  • Making Brown Play Dough
  • Practicing Tracing
  • Reading about the Rabbit and the Turtle
  • Singing The Wheels on the Bus
  • Learning to say, “Thank You.”
  • Eating Chocolate Pudding
  • Reading about Baby Jesus
  • Doing a Musical Color Walk
  • Sending a Squirrel Greeting Card
  • Making Cinnamon Squirrel Ornaments

The Bible verse for this unit is “We thank you, our God, and praise you” – 1 Chronicles 29:13. If you want to sing this with your child, it goes perfectly to the tune of London Bridges Falling Down.


books we read 

We enjoy reading books together. One of things I like about this age is that Lyda Beth never tires of repeatedly hearing a good book. In fact, after we have read it a few times, she “reads it” to me. We enjoy the book list that came with our curriculum because the recommendations solidify the theme of each unit. Here are a few of the books that we have enjoyed during this unit.


free printables 

If you’d like a fun way to introduce animals & colors to your child, feel free to use these adorable printables.   I created them to correspond with My Father’s World Curriculum | All Aboard the Animal Train.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.  


the curriculum we use 

Whenever I was choosing a homeschool curriculum, I leaned heavily on the guidance of my sister, Angie, at Fresh Wanderings. She had already been homeschooling her children for 13 years and had tried multiple curriculums and even supplemented her own throughout the years. She strongly advised that I use My Father’s World and I am so glad that I did. 

“My Father’s World Christian homeschool curriculum combines the best of Charlotte Mason’s ideas, classical education, and unit studies with a biblical worldview and global focus. They have worked hard to make homeschooling as easy as possible with their God-centric curriculum mirroring the Greco-Roman classical approach of grammar, logic, and rhetoric.” You can read about their philosophy here.

Instagram