Myrtle Beach 1/2 Marathon

19 October 2014


We had an early morning today!!!  I couldn't sleep {at al}l last night. I was so {hyped} thinking about this race...


We made it to the start line around 6:30am and had to {basically} get at the end of the line...


Jason and Jeremiah were ready to go.  I was SOOOOO nervous. I just wasn't sure I'd be able to do it...  

There was so much anticipation and {lead up} to this 1/2 marathon I was a nervous wreck. 


It's so hard to see but after mile 8, the last 5 miles were {ocean view}. It was also the last street that we had to turn on.  I knew if I could make it to {mile 8} I was on the home stretch...  

The ocean view was a delight. I tried to video some of it {while I was running} but it was too bouncy to put on here...  Hahaha. 


This photo {above} is from my {run keeper} results but Jeremiah just pulled up the official running scores and I ran it {SUB 3 HOURS !!!}. Woot!  Woot!

::: MY OFFICIAL NUMBERS :::
Bib Number: 1628
Official Time: 2 hrs 58 minutes 33 Seconds
7 Mile Split: 13:06 pace
Finish Split: 13:37


::: JEREMIAH'S OFFICIAL NUMBERS :::
Bib Number: 1629
Official Time: 2 Hours 06 Minutes 02 Seconds
7 Mile Split: 9:17 Pace
Finish Split: 9:37 Pace


So - I have to admit, I didn't put the awful pictures that Jeremiah took of me the last 1/4 mile. I was crying {literally}. I was SOOOO ready to be finished. I was hurting pretty badly and ready to have that {silly race} behind me....


We had an absolute blast and are so happy that we came all the way to Myrtle Beach, SC to share this race experience together. What a huge accomplishment!

Instagram