Hope

29 June 2011



I received a phone call from a dear friend that says she would like to speak to me about a young woman I will refer to as HopeHope lives in a shelter and is 5 months pregnant.  She's young, has no recollection of her father and her mother is unstable and offers no support.  I'm told that Hope is a "thinker," very calm and even tempered.  She has determined to give her baby up for adoption.  My friend tells me that the young girl wants to meet me... she wants to get to know me.  What goes through my mind?  hope.  For a moment she offers me hope.  She offers hope to a situation that feels uncertain.  She offers hope to my ever present existence... even right now, words escape me.

This brave young women has chosen to do the hardest thing she could do but the most loving thing she could do.  She has chosen to give her baby a hope-filled future.  She has chosen to take the hard road, the road so few travel in our society and in our world... she has chosen to give her child life and hope.

I am proud of Hope.  I have never met her, but I am proud of her and I know our Father in Heaven is proud of her too.
_________________

Lord, this is your story.  Please Lord, show us YOUR mighty plan.  We need to see the will that you have for us, for the life of this beautiful baby and for Hope.  Please Lord, help her know what to do.  We need you to be the guide.  We just want what is best... no matter what the outcome.  We want you to be happy with us.  We want to hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servants."

Instagram