MATTHEW 10:29

12 January 2023

 

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.

MATTHEW 10:29
If half a penny disappeared
Would I even care?
A sparrow falling to the ground
Never leaves His care

Insignificant, we are not
Always seen by Him
Greatly beloved and not forgot
Trust wells-up within

Father, forgive me for the days
I think meeting you
Insignificant, compared with
All I have to do

my inspiration 

It can even shake our faith in the truth that our Father regards with compassion even the fall of a single sparrow. To me, one of the proofs that God’s hand is behind and all throughout this marvelous Book we know as the Bible is the way it continually touches upon this very fear in us – the fear that we are so insignificant as to be forgotten… Isn’t it beautiful that there was no rebuke at all for their human weakness? And there never is a rebuke for our weaknesses either. Job 24:12 says, “The soul of the wounded calls for help, and God does not regard it as foolish.”

Amy Carmichael, Thou Givest – They Gather, pp. 20-21

Instagram