PSALM 91:4

01 May 2022

 

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

PSALM 91:4
Dear wanting mother, just lie down.
Find rest within his wing.
His feathering arms will shelter you,
'neath the softness of his wings. The pain is deep - raw, open wounds; that never seem to heal. Sure as you take a step ahead, concrete is your back heel. How can you move ahead without the desire of your heart? The Father - who's your faithful shield, your sword, and your rampart.

my inspiration 

I wrote this poem after struggling for 13 years with infertility. In that difficult time, I also miscarried four of our children. I didn’t think I could acknowledge the deep pain this caused. I believed if I admitted my sorrow, I wouldn’t be trusting the sovereign plan of God. But the truth is, not admitting my pain was a lie. The sadness that I was experiencing had nothing to do with trusting God. The fact is, it was sad; the loss of life is always heartbreaking. My grief did not anger God. Acknowledging my sorrow allowed God to begin closing my gaping wounds.

This poem was featured in an art collaboration with Lioncub Creative.

Instagram