Colossians 1:24-29

15 March 2019


[1:24-29] Whenever Paul writes about suffering for Christ he is not talking about redemptive suffering.  Redemptive suffering is ONLY found in Jesus Christ; it cannot be shared.  Then there is the suffering of Jesus Christ that can be shared: experiencing life like a man, fatigue, grief, for righteousness, etc.  This is the type of suffering that Paul is writing about.  He says in verse 24, “I am glad when I suffer for you in my body, for I am participating in the sufferings of Christ that continue for his body, the church.”

Paul had a responsibility that was given to him by God to serve the church.  He proclaimed the gospel of Christ.  His message, “Christ lives in you. This gives you the assurance of sharing his glory” was to the Jews and Gentiles.


Believers in Christ need to be implementing verse 28-29, “So we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us.  We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship with Christ. That’s why I work and struggle so hard depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me.”

Instagram