{God} He Is God

11 September 2014


{Art print by Megan Gilger.}


***This was written 14 years ago - while I was a student at the U of A***

Mankind {for the most part} wants to create their own view of God. They might base their ideas on what they've read, heard, think or even how they feel. They have an opinion on how God should act; what God should be doing or what He should not be doing. They tell Him what He should be giving them and/or taking away from their neighbor. For the most part, man's view of God is based on man. Mankind wants to deny there is a God or they create their own view of God. They want to make God in there image instead of letting Him mold them into His image. We all limit our view of God {because we are merely man}.

I remember being in Jr high and trying to witness to some of my friends. My friends did not believe in God. It broke my heart. One night {after dinner} it brought me to tears. My friends opinion of God upset me {to the core} . As I talked to my dad at the dinner table that night, I realized that my view of God had changed.

That evening at the dinner table, I was upset that my friends would deny God. I was even {more upset} that my view of God had changed that day. Their view of God weakened my view of God.  Now {let me make myself clear} they didn't weaken my belief in God. They weakened my view of God.

As my dad and I talked that evening, he spoke bold truth that changed my life forever...
Read the following passage from Isaiah 46:9-11  "Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.  I make known the end from the beginning,  from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say, ‘My purpose will stand,  and I will do all that I please.’  From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.  What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do."

What does God say about himself in verse 9?

Based on verse 10 and 11, can mankind change the plans of God or summon God to do what mankind wants? Why?
...my dad boldly taught me, “Amy, it doesn't matter what your friends think. God is God. He doesn't change based on man's opinion of Him. He never changes. He is God no matter what anybody thinks or believes.”   WOW!!!  I had never thought about that before. 

He is The Unchanging One


Read the following verses and then write them in your own words.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Psalm 102:25-27
In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded. But you remain the same, and your years will never end.

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Malachi 3:6a
I, the Lord, do not change...

How has your view of God changed, now that you have read about His unchanging nature?

How have you found more confidence in The Unchanging God?

The day that my dad and I discussed God's unchanging nature transformed my life. I understood who God was. That day I understood {God was in control}. That day I understood {man cannot change God}. That day I {no longer had a weak God}.

God allowed me to see His unchanging nature {instead of man's weak and ever changing view of Him}.  I now understood I had a reliable, unchanging, stable, and strong God.  Whenever you see God as the Unchanging One you cannot help but repeat the words of 1 Timothy 1:17 “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.”

Instagram