1 week later

06 February 2014

It's been 1 week & 2 days since my {Myomectomy} surgery.  The surgery was in Tulsa, OK on Tuesday, January 28th @ 11:00 am. We have been home 1 week today and I haven't left my house. I don't even have an urge to leave!  



Jeremiah has been with me every second {even sleeping on the floor in the living room when I couldn't lay flat in bed...} He's so amazing and I couldn't {even began to} get through this without him. God truly gave me a helpmate in Jeremiah. 

The surgery went great and the recovery is going just as well. I think I had unrealistic expectations for how I would feel and what I would be doing 1 week post-op.  I've never had surgery, a broken bone, a stitch, a hospital visit...  I had {no idea} what to expect. 

I am beginning to feel better today. The nights have been long, as I have been in pain, and have had a hard time moving around without help.  I stopped taking the pain pills yesterday and have since gone with ibuprofen only. Last night I couldn't get to sleep until well after 2:00 am and woke up at 7:00 am.  Needless to say, it was a VERY long night. 

I was able to walk 15 minutes on my treadmill today. Now, don't let me fool you... It was a slow!!!  I walked 0.20 miles in 15:13 minutes.  Not even 1/4 mile!!! But I am so thankful for the energy and stamina and pace to make it that far. 

Between our parents and our church, we have had more food than 2 people can eat!  Thank you so much to all who have made, brought and offered to feed us.  You can definitely tell that we live in the South... good christian fellowship and southern hospitality - there's nothing quite like it. 

Instagram