Deep Roots

08 June 2012


I just downloaded Christy Nockels new album "Into the Glorious"... 

Okay, first of all you should know that she is my {all time favorite} christian music artist! 

Her lyrics are always in line with my spirit.  
If I could write music - I would write like her. 

She gives my spirit a voice when I want to sing praises to the Lord. 

I love this song ~ For Your Splendor~
I feel like I am going through a time of pruning.  I feel like God is taking me deeper and deeper into a life wrapped up in Him.  I keep wandering what else He's going to prune and He keeps showing me more of my life that needs to be removed. 

Father, I pray this will be the summer that You prune deeply.  I want to stand the storm with deep roots for Your splendor, Lord.


To have your heart pruned by the one who knows best. And though I’m bare and cold. I know my season’s coming. And I’ll spring up in Your endless faithfulness. With my roots deep in You. I’ll grow the branch that bears the fruit. And though I’m small, I’ll still be standing in the storm. ‘Cause I am planted by the river by Your streams of living water. And I’ll grow up strong and beautiful, all for Your splendor, Lord.

Instagram