2 CORINTHIANS 1:21-22

15 August 2022

 

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

2 CORINTHIANS 1:21-22
Day by day, I keep pushing
The strivings never cease
A desire to be unified
My God, it falls on me

I plan and I finagle
But nothing ever comes
It's not til I cease striving that
Your work in me is done

Your name is The Husbandman
I receive all it holds
The One who cuts and grafts me in
The Vine - whose life it holds

Established in certainty
And all that I must do
Is abide here, incessantly with
My God - the anointing's through You

Sealed with Your nourishment
As life sprints through my veins
Confident to stand before you now
My earnest King of kings

my inspiration 

I wrote this poem the summer of 2022 while reading Andrew Murray’s book, Abide In Christ. I based this work off of chapter 3 entitled, “Trusting Him To Keep You.” This chapter stretched my thinking and showed me that man’s ways are entirely different than God’s ways. I loved the portion of the text that says, “It is when the soul becomes utterly passive, looking and resting on what Christ is to do, that its energies are stirred to their highest activity, and that we work most effectually because we know that He works in us.” 

Instagram