PROVERBS 31:31

08 May 2022

 

Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

PROVERBS 31:31
Hear ye! Hear ye! on this special day
It's time to honor my mother today
She is recognized for the work of her hands
The way she prepares, schedules, and plans

My mother is there each day and night
Cooking, cleaning, and keeping clothes bright
She prepares boundless meals for family and friends
Then repeats it all over, again and again

She takes us to church, when she could stay home
Cares for her parents to ensure they aren't alone
She keeps the house tidy, everthing in its place
And does it all trying to put a smile on our face

She honors our Father and stays by his side
Committed to vows she made as his bride
She's an example of selfless generosity and love
She serves Jesus Christ, her Savior above

Hear ye! Hear ye! on this special day
My mother is prized on this festive day

my inspiration 

This was a gift for my Mom on Mother’s Day 2022. For the longest time, I believed that a virtuous woman was one in the limelight – the woman speaking at conferences, writing books, leading Bible Studies, etc. The older (and hopefully wiser) I have become, I see the virtue in the most simple day-to-day dealings of life. I pray that I would become more and more like my Mama. I recently read, “What unique role has God assigned you too? Service to God can be boldly visible or quietly obedient.”

Instagram