Bring the Sunshine Back

15 March 2016


For the past few months, I've been trying to read my Celebrate Recovery Devotional each day. Actually, that's where I get all my scripture passages and prayers that I post on my workout days... Anyway, today's was very fitting and one I need to remember for the days ahead. 

It said something like this:  I just saw today's forecast. And you know what, that got me to thinking about the different "fronts" I used to put on around people. I could be whatever someone wanted me to be. All I wanted to do was make people happy. Trouble was, it brought storms rather than sunshine. None of us can be all things to all people. I finally learned through Celebrate Recovery that it isn't my job to please everyone, and I couldn't do it even if it were. I am learning that when Christ said "love others as yourself," he didn't mean at the expense of myself. He has instructed me to strive to please him and let him take care of the rest. That brings the sunshine back into my life.

Instagram