St. Jude Fayetteville 10K

23 August 2014


St. Jude Fayetteville 10K was a great success.  Jeremiah and I completed the 6.2 mile course and it was awesome!  If you have never ran around Lake Fayetteville {I highly suggest it}!!!  It's a beautiful and fun place to run because it has rolling hills and great tree cover.

I have to brag on Jeremiah for a little bit...  He ended up getting 3rd place in His age division {well, we think...}  They gave him a mug anyway!  


We were watching everyone receive their awards and they called {JEREMIAH KECK} 3rd place in 30-34 age division!!!  Wow, we were thrilled!!!


I paced behind a young couple for about 3 miles until the girl threw up for the second time.  At that point, I thought I should head on...  As I progressed through the course I caught up to this man about mile 4.  He was in the 70-75 age division.  I followed him all the way across the finish line.  I have to admit {I never could catch him}!!!  I just paced behind him and he inspired me to keep going.


Well - I did it!  It wasn't my best race pace ever {but it was 6.2 miles} on a very hot and humid day.  I am so glad it's over and it gave me that little bit of courage I need to press on...  My running plan is beginning to get into the {long runs} and this race gave me the courage I needed!

My pace was 13:18.

Thanks to my sweet husband for signing up with me, cheering me on, and encouraging me to finish strong!



Instagram