Shetland Residence

12 July 2014


I love creating spaces that are unique and fresh.  I have a {super fun} client that had decorated her home very traditionally over the years.  She is young and full of personality so I thought her style was a little heavy compared to her nature.  I decided it would be fun to take some of her traditional pieces and mix them with some contemporary and more whimsical items.  This really created a fun and fresh look.  

I was doing some {junking} and came across a vintage book.  It was an art study on some of the pieces in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  We took a few of the prints {from that book} and had them framed.  I selected over scaled mat and museum style frames.  I just love how they add such sophistication to the space.

She trusted me enough to invest in a chandelier that would {typically} be found over a dining table and it really set the room off !

Instagram