Happy Birthday Trista!

17 March 2013

My Father-In-Law bought the family tickets to the Norman Rockwell Exhibit @ Crystal Bridges.  It was my Sister-In-Law {Trista's} Birthday!!!


Jeremiah couldn't go because he had an eight hour turn around at work.  He got off work at 6am and had to be back from 2pm-10pm.  This is always a hard shift change (especially after working all night!)


Colby, Tim, Trista, Laura, Emma & Madeline
Michelle brought the girls but Nathan was on duty so he couldn't make it.  The Keck Boys really missed out on some FANTASTIC pieces of art and a wonderful time...
Michelle, Emma and Madeline
The architecture at Crystal Bridges captures my heart...


...what a wonder to behold...


The last time that I was there it hadn't officially opened to the public and there was no water between the buildings.  Can I just say,  it is completely different with all of the construction finished.  WOW!!!
________________________________

Another unexpected treat was being rivetted by one painting in particular.  As we rounded the room it caught my eye from a distance.  I wasn't expecting it.  It caught me off guard.  I began to cry.  
In fact, I have tears in my eyes right now as I think about it. 


Why doesn't she like herself?  Why does the voice in the mirror lie to her?  Why doesn't she think she is good enough?  Why can't she see herself for who she really is?  Why does she have to compair herself to other women around her?  Can't she see that she is beautiful?  Can't she she that she is timeless?  Can't she see that she's too young to be doubting herself?  Can't she see that she is "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made"

Instagram