Durango {1/2 Marathon}

13 October 2013


We were up early this morning.  No sleeping in. Jeremiah got up at 5:30 to get woke up before his race.


I had to drop Jeremiah off at the bus at 6:30 am. They bussed the runners to the top of the mountain... 


I followed the bus for a minute and then off to the Laundry Mat for me! 


It was such a bummer that my race chip never got to get out of its package. I had registered Jeremiah and I for the 1/2 Marathon but since my ankle injury {this summer} I didn't get my training in...


I am so proud of Jeremiah. He shot a picture at the start and text it to me!


I happened to be heading back to downtown Durango when I saw some runners along the Animas River...


I pulled into a parking lot and started walking towards the trail...  Just at the right time {amazingly} Jeremiah was running up the trail. It was awesome. He was at {mile marker 9} and I got to cheer him on for a second. 


He did so great!  He finished the {1/2 Marathon} in 2 hours and 12 minutes!!!


He did his 1st {1/2 Marathon} in the Colorado Mountains and he had a GREAT time... Averaging a 10:05 min pace.  Which is AWESOME for a 6,900' elevation!!!!


Way to go Jeremiah!!!

Instagram